So while the glue is drying I have been turning out Madrona berry necklaces. Of course Marya gets first pick.
But I have been making progress on ukes too. Here I am preparing to put the back on George's tenor. Sawing the slots that the back braces will fit into.
Now I will rout out the slots with the Dremel. I find this makes clean neat cuts.
With everything fitting it is time to brush on the glue and clamp down the back.
George loves wild wood, and here he is getting some of the wildest East Indian Rosewood that I have ever seen, but for the soundboard he is getting some classic fine-grained Redwood.
I tried to count the grain using a ten power glass. Each mark represents ten years of growth. Really hard to see, but it approaches 80 years per inch. Just imagine how old this tree was. It was probably six or eight feet thick at the butt.
So now it is boxed up and trimmed, and looking really good, And Rich's uke is in the clamps and will be ready to trim in the morning.