THE SIDES ARE successfully glued to the top. The bend in them looks just right, I have added short pieces of tentalone to assist the thin edge glue joint and tomorrow will complete adding the complete line of tentalone around the entire joint, then I can trim off the edge and add the vertical "split preventer side braces" and get to work on carving the back. I am very pleased with how these sides bent, and fit.
It began this morning when I realized I would have to attach one side first, let the glue set and then attach the second side. I did not have enough large clamps to do it any other way. The first side went on perfectly and I went off to a meeting.
This afternoon I attached the second side and !then could not resist holding up the neck in the approximate position to see what it would look like. I like it !!!