It all started out fine. I fitted the side, trimmed it at the ends to fit, added a little glue and clamped it onto the soundboard. Looked perfect.
I added the tentalones, glued them in nicely- everything looked perfect
Then I glued on the tentalones to the top, clamping them with the clothespins,- everything was just right.
Here we are, done, perfect, ready for the back to be glued on
It did not fit !! It was too short. I had made three beautiful backs, None of them would fit- and then I realized what I had done. I was working out of sequence. You must always put the body together first, and then fit the back to the body. I was an eighth of an inch off. I shortly learned that the second body and back would not fit either. I think the third will be ok. What does this mean. I simply will have to make two new backs. Fortunately I have the wood to do so. And it is not a tragedy as I will save these two backs for the next time I make Concert Pinecones, and be sure I make a body to fit them. Just a little more work. I completed the first replacement this afternoon and it is looking perfect
And just to prove I am not a total idiot- here is an idea I came up with that has been very handy. You know all those odd credit cards and membership cards that you get, unwanted in the mail. I use them with sticky backed sandpaper like this.
For those delicate little sanding jobs at edges, and joints. Plus you identify the grits with a permanent marker. Give it a try in your shop. I find them very handy.