Been busy the last few days and these ukes are coming on quickly.
Here are the final clamping of the tone bars.
this is an old fashioned fix for a mistake. I forgot to cut the channel for the carbon fiber rod with the router before I cut the angle of the neck. Decided to do it the old way, with a sharp chisel. Took a little longer but turned out fine.
Heres the groove and the carbon fiber rod beside it.
Now the rod is epoxied in. I later took this to the sander and cleaned it up so that the fretboard can be glued to it.
Then I made the braces for the backs and got them in the Go bar.
Here I am hogging out the groove so the neck will fit over the soundboard.
With a razor sharp draw knife I am beginning to shape the necks. This is fun, delicate, and you want to be very careful.
Now we can attach the soundboard and the necks.