These new Kasha Tenors are done and ready to go out into the world. From left to right, Sandra's 134, still unsold #130, and Gary's #133. All three sound wonderful,
I am very pleased with these three. They all have super tone, sustain and volume and the intonation on each is spot on. The two redwoods are going home to California. The Mahogany Bear claw Spruce in the center is going to stay here for a while as I am really enjoying playing it. May be for sale later.
Here are the back sides. All lovely wood.
I just got the bridge onto 133 today. Here is scraping away the French Polish to prepare a gluing surface.
A couple of views of the special little clamp device I made to apply clamp pressure on the "bat wings" of the Kasha designed bridge. That thing with the thumb screws is held over the bridge with the bone saddle which projects up from the bridge and into the groove on the clamping device. Works just fine.
And here it is in action. Needed a little home made invention to be able to clamp the Kasha bracing.
Part of the days activity was making some more tentalones on the band saw. This ought to see me through the next batch of three tenors that are under construction.