I COULD'NT WAIT any longer. Early this morning I rubbed on another thin coat of tru-oil, and by the time I got home about 2:00 P.M. it was dry. I fitted the tuners, found an old nut to use, located where the strings would go through the back rim, and carefully drilled the string holes through the rim. I put a set of the colorful multi-color Aurora strings on it and tuned her up. Wow! a success, it plunks and rings like a banjo, the tambourine leather head is tight as can be, the neck is slim and slick. This is one heck of a "Tambo" (banjo-uke made from a tambourine) I will make a perfect fitting nut tomorrow, deepen the socket holes in the back of the rim so the knots are recessed a bit more, maybe lower the action a bit by shaving down the bridge, spruce up and oil the fret board and maybe put one more coat of try-oil on it after smoothing it down with some #000 steel wool. Then this baby is ready to jam. Oh! maybe I ought to install a wooden strap button and one of those colorful Mexican belts that Annie bought me in Mexico, that would add to the fun that this Tambo is going to produce.