Progress continues remarkably well on these three Pinecones. This morning I finished the third back, applied the labels and boxed them up. Wow! record time for me. I seem to be getting faster. Maybe experience helps, I don't have to stop and figure each move any more.
I sand the exterior of the back with this orbital sander and it can throw a lot of sawdust into your shop and into your lungs. Here is how I solve the problem, A connection from the sander to the shop vac makes this operation virtually dustless. The only dust is in the shop vac.
Here they are, all glued up and boxed by 4;30 this afternoon. After music class tonight I took the rubber bands off and found I had super good joints all around. A little fairing of the joint area and I will be moving to the next project, I guess the fret boards. Got to check my stash of Honduran Rosewood. Think I have a chunk to saw up for fretboards.