A big day of progress. I cut the slots for the bindings and got them fitted and installed. Whew! Always a relief to get to this point, The tough jobs are done.
The grooves for the bindings are shown here. I had just cut the groove for the tail piece. Now it is time to start adding the bindings.
Here we are all ready to go, The binding cut and ready to install, the orange tape stuck to the drawers above waiting to be applied. Lets add the glue and get to it.
The first binding is on, held tightly by that tough tape as the glue dries.
Quickly I taped on the second binding and clamped the ends where the bindings join in a lap joint. i will let it cure til after dinner.
I got the soundboard binding on after dinner, Now it will rest til morning and we will see how it looks.