I had cause to remove a pickup from one uke and install it in another-but what to do about the gaping hole left in the vacated uke. I turned to the wood lathe.
I simply turned a strap button with a large base the exact diameter of the hole in the ukulele.
Now to put the pickup in a new ukulele, first a hole must be drilled through the base block. This is done with a step drill.
And now the transfer is complete.
Meanwhile Milan's tenor has received its back and it is time to get out the routers
We first trim the edges, and then cut the binding grooves
and finally the channel for the end piece
Meanwhile Rick is putting the final applications of French Polish on Klaus's Cuban mahogany tenor