I am going to build a concert for that fellow in Minnesota. He has chosen his back, an interesting piece of Tiger Stripe Maple with unusual coloring, Tiger Stripe Maple sides and an Englemann Spruce soundboard. I cut the neck this morning out of a large piece of Black Walnut from a 100 year old tree that grew here in Bellingham and was felled about 35 years ago.
I am also starting a Kasha Baritone. I found in my stash of Sitka Spruce, a set of AAA wood with "bear claw" markings. I just glued the book matched pieces together and will be ready to cut the sound hole and install the simple rosette tomorrow. This will be an interesting instrument to build and I have not yet made the final decision on the back and sides but I am thinking I will use the one set of Bubinga I have would make a great looking and sounding Bari. This could be something special.
Here is the Baritone top clamped and glued. This champing device works wonderfully, and the key part of the system is the 25 pound bag of lead shot left over from my muzzle loading shotgun days. The shot bag keeps the pieces from springing up when clamp pressure is applied.