A few hours in the workshop this Sunday just about got me caught up.
I got all of the tone bars glued on as well as the thin veneer braces around the sound hole and up the center seam.
I cut these narrow strips of veneer with scissors. They are glued up the center glue joint of two piece soundboards and backs just as a precaution. Of course the wood grain of the maple patch lies cross-ways across the joint for maximum strength. I also like to put a patch around the sound hole.
Now for the necks. I start with a sharp chisel
Then with this neat little draw knife
When it is roughly shaped I hog out the groove for the sound board on the table saw sled.
And glue the two together. Ill be putting the sides on these Ukes before you know it.