These two concerts seem to be in lock step. Each day what I do for one I do for the other and today they both received their backs.
But first, a few days ago they received the second tier of tentalones, those strips of articulated bass wood that the backs would be glued to. They are what keeps an acoustic instrument together.
and sure enough, they did it together.
Next they received their side sound ports. Here they are with sound ports glued in and awaiting trimming both inside and out. Once these are completed they will be ready for their backs.
but first I had to whittle the back braces and glue them on. Here are the two in the GoBar, freshly glued. They are being watched over by the crowd at our Bellingham Farmers Market, an old water color I did years ago.
and now, after some careful fitting, the backs are glued and clamped and these two are boxed up together.
A quick trim of the edges with the router and the two concerts were ready for inspection before the fireplace at martini time. So far So good.
And during periods of waiting for glue to dry on the concerts I finished the sanding on Mo's baritone and got the first coats of the French Polish applied.
A good day in the workshop while watching the snow fall outside. Our first snow of the year.