This is going to be a pretty ukulele, Sycamore with a bearclaw Sitka soundboard. Lynne came to see it the other day. At that point the neck had just been glued to the soundboard. There has been lots of progress since.
I have just trimmed the ends and fitted the sides to the sound board. This looks like a perfect bend.
And it was, the sides fit into their places with no resistance. Never had a better fit.
Now for the tentalones. I have found it very helpful to gently bend them around a pipe to shape the curves.
The sides are now securely attached with the tentalones in position.
The next morning I got the lower tentalones attached and the side sound port installed.
Hooray the back is on !!, Always a major step.