The tenors will come together. The first step is to attach the sides to the top. Some careful fitting is required trimming the ends to the proper point so that the side sits comfortably in the neck slots and meet at the back, then the glue and clamps. Here is the Brazilian Rosewood in the set up jig, glued and clamped.
Three hours later the glue is set and I can take it out of the jig and clamps. Everything went well and this uke is on the way. tomorrow I will do another uke and add the tentalones to this uke.
Here it is, out of the jig and free of clamps. I have been able to insert tentalones on the lower bout and will finish them up in the morning. The dark and light contrasts on this uke are going to make it stunning I think. Lets see what things look like when we add the back.
I just set the back on the uke to see what it will look like. Wow- this may be a pretty showy instrument. The extremely dark Brazilian Rosewood contrasted with the golden yellow Englemann and Alaska Cedar. It will be fun to work on.