WELL!, first I finished fairing all the joints between backs and sides. That went well and they are looking good. Then I cut the fret grooves in all the boards. That would have been an all day task the way I used to do it, but now I used a template and a sled on the saw with a nice little fret blade from Stew-Mac and I probably took thirty minutes to do them all. And they are spot on accurate.
The next task was to carefully measure and plot the shapes of these fretboards and cut them to shape on the table saw. Again with a special sled equipped with hold down clamps. makes it a breeze.
Now to the band saw to cut the little "gumby" shape
After a little sanding and shaping on the spindle sander we are ready for the guide dots, Tiny little mother of pearl dots feel appropriate on these little travel ukes. After measuring and marking the locations with a pencil I score the spot with a sharp awl to be sure that this finger drill does not stray. You soon get the feel of how deep to drill. I found 25 turns of the bit was just right.
a spot of glue in each hole and now you insert the dots. They fit really tight, just they way I wanted them to.