I have decided to upgrade my bending process a bit and experiment with some new techniques. I have made a new tenor bending form-just finished it today. This slips into my bending machine.
Looks like this when in place. I may try some spring activated clamps and have ordered a second stainless steel bending plate so that I can sandwich wood wrapped in paper and tinfoil between two plates of steel. Been breaking curly maple sides too often- maybe this all will help.
I also made a drying form to hold freshly bent sides in their proper shape as they cool and dry. This should reduce spring-back considerably. It will soon be time to bend the sides for the three tenors and I am determined to get them just right.