Here is the back for the next Cocobolo/Cedar tenor. What beautiful wood Cocobolo is. I wiped the edges of the center joint with acetone to get rid of some of the oil that permeates this wood to make room for the glue to penetrate. I will get the braces on this back tomorrow and probably a piece of ebony veneer up the center seam. This stuff has the reputation of being tough to glue. Those pencil lines really show up in the photo. Must of been the way the light hit the graphite.
I cut up and sized a large stack of tight grained Sitka Spruce for braces on this and many future ukes. It is all 1/4 inch wide. Then I cut it down to 3/8ths in height, whittle it to a tapered V shape and carve a 1 1/2 inch flex slope at each end. I am so impressed with the sound of #95, the first Cocobolo/Cedar that I just finished, I am hopeful that this one will sound as good and I will have found a great combination.