It has been a few days since I blogged. here is a catchup for you
After getting the bindings onto Olga and Bill's ukes it was time to put in the end pieces. This is the rough beginning. Koa in one, maple in another. They ended up looking good.
Then it was time to work on the necks to be attached to the next generation on the build list.
this neck is about finished with the rough carving and is being smoothed up a bit with the fine rasp.
The chisel hogs off a lot of wood and makes way for the big rasp.
Now the necks can be attached to the soundboards and the butt blocks glued on as well. These will soon be ready for their sides.
The first will be Adam's spalted Sycamore. I bent these sides the day before.
Look at this wood. This will be a wild and crazy uke.
We also got the fretboards completed and here is Bill's tenor with the fretboard clamped and drying.
Rick is rounding and smoothing the fret ends on Olga's fretboard. We got it attached by the end of the day.