When you finally get the back glued onto the body your instrument is "Boxed Up" . That happened today with Delrene's Kasha tenor.
But first I had to cut slots for the back braces to fit. I did this with a 1/8th bit in a Dremel using the StewMac routing device. Yes those notches go through the sides as well but that makes no difference, the binding will cover that up completely.
Then I spent a little time cutting up a new supply of Buffalo bone. Notice my bone holder. I have no interest in holding a bone into the band saw with my fingers. This device holds the bone securely and also allows for adjustment in the cut. Kind of a messy job but the final result is worth it. The mornings work done, I joined the Community Players for a delightful afternoon of playing a gig at a retirement home. I played "Son of Gut Bucket" my big two string bass, as I usually do. Lots of fun and a lovely day.