I have been glueing on Tentalones, today and yesterday. Got them all on now. Some folks call these linings, and other names but I kind of prefer the old Italian name Tentalone. (or was it Spanish?)
The first batch go on as soon as the sides are glued, clamped and in position. The glue on a side edge is minimal and I like to get support on there ASAP. They are held in place by simple clamps cut from a piece of thin plywood. They work great and sure don't cost much.
Before putting on the bottom set of Tentalone you want to be sure that the sides are the proper height and even with each other. Failure to do this can cause a crooked instrument. Where a little high I shave down with a sharp little finger plane. When all is right It is time to glue on the back Tentalones.
They are clamped on with good old fashioned clothes pins that are strengthened a bit with a rubber band,
I also got the braces glued onto the back and into the go-bar for clamping.
I finished up the Baritone work for the day by selecting a nice piece of Honduran Rosewood for the fretboard. Sawed it to a 2 inch width and shaped it down to the desired thickness. Next will be sawing the fret slots in it and installing the side sound port into the Bubinga side.