After a week of travel it is great to be home again, and back in the workshop. I have had a few hours to work on ukuleles and have made some good progress.
I got the bent sides attached to the #108 soundboard and a few of the tentalones glued on as well.
The next day I completed the soundboard tentelones and got them attached to the back sides also.
Now the glue is set and off come the clothespins.
A little sanding to make sure of a slick fit, and once the side port is in, we can box this baby up. The back is all ready and setting beside the uke. The photo makes the body look crooked. I assure you it is not.
I also wet sanded, and applied several more coats of French Polish to the two ukes I am finishing. This Kasha tenor for Delrene shows an unusual pattern in its redwood top. It was not really visible until the finish went on. I like it, a pleasant surprise.
The Bubinga Tenor is really beginning to look lovely. Bubinga is a new wood for me. I am hoping it sounds as good as it looks.