It began with fret work. The sharp ends of the frets must be filed smooth so they don't snag the fingers. This is done with a small file that is rounded on one edge so that it will not damage the wood of the fingerboard.
The job gets more difficult when you are over the soundboard. The wood is protected with old credit cards.
when the fret ends have been filed and smoothed it is time to level them. High frets are detected with the 'rocker", a perfectly flat device that spans 3 frets. If it rocks it means the middle fret is higher than the other two.
Any high frets are lowered with a variety of tools, re-crowned and polished smooth.
The next activity was finishing the sanding on #s 144 &n 145 and beginning the French Polish with the first wash coat. These two should be ready to string up after a couple of weeks of French Polishing. The bridges are just laid on for effect. They will be glued on after the finish is applied. Won't be long now Paul and Stephen.
Now turning to Lloyd's #146 I shaped and glued on the butt block. Tomorrow I will be able to put on the sides. I realized my supply of pre cut butt blocks was running low. Remember all those necks I cut a few days ago. I saved the scraps for just this purpose.
With band saw and table saw I cut many of those scraps into a new supply of butt blocks. This will last me well into 2022.
So now, with 144 and 145 in the finish stage is on onward to #146