I was eager this morning to get the bindings on these two tenors. It is an enjoyable process and makes the ukes look so much better.
One side was on each uke, the tapes were waiting for the second side-- when suddenly I realized I had forgotten about cutting the slot for the end piece.
So I set up my jig, adjusted the router for this process and cut as close as I dared to the glued on binding, knowing i would have to complete the cut with hand tools.
Here is the router set up.
And here is the final result, No harm done, Mission accomplished, Just wasted a lot of time recovering from my mistake. I will finish those bindings tomorrow.