For Delrene's Kasha tenor
You can see the side port liner I will be inserting, but first I wanted to glue in a thin maple veneer patch to support the hole. The grain of the patch opposes the grain of the uke's side, insurance against a split. I have a curved caul holding it exactly again the side as the glue cures.
I got a really good fit on this one. With a little more sanding, the fit may be perfect. When things are going right-you want to keep on going, so I decided today was the day to inlay the g in the peg head plate.
The inlay went so well on this one, I decided I might as well do a second while I had the hot hand. The laser cut g fits in very well and is standing a bit proud. I put thin super-glue around the edge which runs down and under to permanently affix the g. When that hardens I will plane and sand the g down flush.
I had a few gaps here and there so I mixed up some sawdust from this wood with a little white glue and spread it over the trouble spots. When sanded down it will cover my sins quite well.
The one on the right has been sanded down and received a coat of shellac. the one on the left has the cosmetic stuff still drying. Will sand that one down tomorrow.