I found myself working on several instruments. #101 that I want to get done for a Christmas gift, and also the next Kasha Ukulele that will be made of the wild Cocobolo that I recently resawed. Here is the back of the next Kasha getting its braces glued on.
I also finished all of the tone bars that radiate out from the bridge patch. Here they just sit in place waiting to be glued down. Before gluing the tone bars, I need to firmly attach the bridge patch.
Here is exactly where it needs to be. Now for the glue.
the patch has been glued and set in place and rather than a clamp, I am using this heavy chunk of iron rail as a clamp. The tone bars will be glued on tomorrow.
The mailman brought me a delight this afternoon. two beautiful tops of Port Orford Cedar from my pal Jon Dale of Jupiter Ukulele in Pennsylvania. I had sent him a top of torrified spruce and a couple of Sitka tenor tops. A nice trade I am thrilled as this is lovely wood and I have always wanted to try Port Orford. Also, because it will blend perfectly with the Bocote back and sides that I recently prepared. I will use an Alaska Cedar neck and the whole thing will match perfectly. Now my remaining decision is. Will this be a Kasha, or a normal use". I am leaning towards Kasha.
Oh, and I also got a lot done on the Christmas ukulele. The heel cap attached and the neck carving begun, and I am now ready to put in the frets.