Today was the dreaded day to take the little router to those delicate Ukes and route out the grooves for the bindings, always a scary time as you can destroy a months work in a second. Today, to make it worse I decided to put purfling behind the bindings so I had to make two cuts around the ukes-
Now you can take the laminate cutter to it without the uke moving around. Here I am completing the large groove for the binding.
And here I have completed the second cut making room for the black/white/black purfling. Next step is to bend the binding to shape and then glue it and the purfling on. It is going to look grand.